Easy Chopped Kale and Quinoa Salad
Salad... Easy to make, hard to eat. Salads can be a bit boring and tasteless. So I decided to create a fun, colourful salad which is not just very aesthetically pleasing, but also very yummy! You can tailor this salad to you by adding or replacing vegetables you may or may not like. This salad will make around four meal portions or 6-7 side portions.
- 1 cup of cooked Quinoa
- 4 cups of finely chopped kale
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup of Red Peppers
- 1 cup of shredded, cooked chicken
- 3/4 a cup of olive oil
- 1/4 a cup of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- pinch of ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of honey or agave
- Wash and cook quinoa prior , let cool so it does not wilt the vegetables
- Cook 1 cup of frozen peas and let cool (or you can use fresh ones)
- Chop Kale and Red peppers
- Mix kale and spinach in a large salad bowl
- Design Peas, chicken and quinoa on top of salad in rows
- If you want to use store bought dressing I strongly recommend the one in the photo above!
- For the dressing combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and honey
- Drizzle your desired amout of dressing on the salad.