Summer Rice Paper Rolls
I know it isn't summer quite yet but the weather lately has had me craving summer food, and these summer rice paper rolls are the perfect thing to satisfy that craving. These fresh and simple rolls make for the perfect patio food. They are also very versatile, you can almost put anything it these things! One of the best things about these are the time it takes to make them, it involves no baking or frying (only if you like your red peppers roasted on the BBQ like me). These are also so simple to roll, you may need a tester to get the hang of it but once you have done a couple you will be a pro! I strongly recommend you to try and recreate the rolls with these ingredients but if you want you can totally choose your own. Now enjoy this SCRUMPTIOUS healthy meal with your friends and family (or alone) and enjoy the "summer" (yes I know it is still spring).
- Rice Paper wraps
- Cooked mini frozen shrimps (defrosted)
- 1/4 of a cucumber sliced into strips
- 1 carrot cut into strips
- 1 Spring onion sliced vertically
- 1 Barbequed red pepper
- Your desired amount of mint leaves
- Soy Sauce or sweet chilli sauce
- Fill large (preferably shallow) bowl with warm water
- Place rice paper wrap in the water for about 30 seconds or until soft but not too soft where it is too fragile to wrap.
- Place rice paper down on a surface
- Place you desired amount of each ingredient in the wrap
- Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll towards you making sure the wrap is tight enough to hold the ingredients
- Enjoy with soy or sweet chilli sauce!