Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
I am never not in the mood to make some chocolate chip cookies! They are the ultimate comfort food but having them ALL the time isn't the best for you. These cookies are made with such pure and simple ingredients that you can even eat them for breakfast! This amazing gluten-free and dairy-free (if you use dairy free chocolate chips) snack is SCRUMPTIOUS!
Never before Have I heard of using Tahini in baking before, so I decided to try it out! Tahini is essentially just ground up sesame seeds and tastes amazing when paired with the cinnamon in the cookie! Yes, I know these cookies may seem super weird but just trust me and try to bake them and you will be obsessed! These are just as good as the original chocolate chip cookies but are guilt free! I hope you enjoy these cookies and gain a new obsession just like I did when first making these!
- 6 tablespoons of tahini paste
- 1/2 a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped walnuts )
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 a cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 a teaspoon of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and combine all ingredients well
- Roll dough into balls that are about 2 inches wide and place on sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes (checking at 8) or until they are a golden-brown colour